At Commingle Engage, we understand that privacy is important to you. We are providing this Privacy Statement to help you understand how we may collect and use information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What information does Commingle Engage collect about me?
Commingle Engage user account, registration, and customer support
When you register to use a Commingle Engage website, create a Commingle Engage user account, or contact us for support or other offerings, Commingle Engage collects information that identifies you. This includes information such as your name, company name or email address. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as which types of websites you’re interested in. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information provided by you with information from other sources, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn about the size, industry, and other information about the company you work for.
Commingle Engage websites
We collect information about how you use our websites. We may collect information sent by your browser or device to our servers whenever you visit a Commingle Engage website. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit a Commingle Engage website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Commingle Engage may collect information about how you use our websites by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website. Depending on the website, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
Commingle Engage emails
Emails we send you may include a technology (called a web beacon) that tells Commingle Engage whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link in the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Commingle Engage marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Commingle Engage marketing emails.
Commingle Engage online advertising
Commingle Engage advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying Commingle Engage ads to you on other companies’ websites and apps. We collect information such as which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on where the ad was displayed.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Commingle Engage social networking pages and social sign-on services
Commingle Engage has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, the Commingle Engage Facebook page). We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
How does Commingle Engage use the information it collects about me?
Commingle Engage uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the Commingle Engage websites for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
- Better understanding how our websites are being used so we can improve them and engage and retain users
- Diagnosing problems in our websites
- Tailoring a website or Commingle Engage ad to your likely interests
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your service
- Sending you information about Commingle Engage, special offers, and similar information
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Reducing fraud and protecting you as well as Commingle Engage
What are cookies and how does Commingle Engage use them?
Does Commingle Engage share my personal information?
Commingle Engage works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Commingle Engage may also share your personal information:
- When you agreed to the sharing
- With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive Commingle Engage marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Commingle Engage, our customers and users, or the public
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell a Commingle Engage website or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred
We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use Commingle Engage services.
Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Commingle Engage cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does Commingle Engage store my personal information?
Your personal information and files are stored on Commingle Engage’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
How can I review or update my personal information or close my Commingle Engage user account?
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to access the information Commingle Engage holds about you, correct mistakes in that information, and to delete personal information that we no longer have business reasons for retaining.
If you are a Commingle Engage client you can request that we remove your email address from our marketing database, deactivate your Commingle Engage user account, or provide you a copy of your personal information, please email your request to privacy@LodgingInteractive.com. Please note that we need to retain certain information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use with your Commingle Engage user account and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
If you are a visitor of a Commingle Engage client website then please contact the property directly for a personal information request.
Will Commingle Engage market to me?
Commingle Engage and companies we hire to help us market our websites on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Commingle Engage. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question or concern, please email us at privacy@LodgingInteractive.com.